Technical Writer, Product Management
Reports To: Director of Product Management, Market Operations
As a Technical Writer at Exari, you will be a member of the Product Management team reporting to the Director of Product Management, Market Operations.
You will be responsible for producing high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our clients, partners and internal staff. You will work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to better understand how our products work; translating the technical know-how into end user focused guidance. This documentation may take the form of text, image and / or digital media (video / spoken word).
The Technical Writer will be responsible for the following:
- Writing high quality, easy to understand material, print or online, for user guides and / or instruction manuals
- Editing and updating existing product marketing materials
- Indexing and cataloguing materials
- Commissioning illustrations, diagrams and photographs and incorporating these into new documentation
- Scripting and / or presenting video tutorials
- Building a knowledge base of tried and tested product resources
- Working with services, sales and marketing specialists to understand existing user materials and the purpose of new guides
- Developing a thorough understanding of the audience
- Visiting internal development teams / subject matter experts to fully research the product he or she is writing about
- Proof-reading, scrutinising and editing own work and the work of others
- Attending product planning and briefing meetings
- Supporting the process of building in-app guidance and integrated interactive online guides
- Collect market feedback and iteratively update artefacts accordingly
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in the English language
- Ability to work independently and be forward thinking
- Able to build relationships with a focus to gain and then share knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- University degree in English, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Multi-media skills such as web design or video production advantageous
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Exari does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Exari employee. Exari will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Exari and will be processed accordingly.